Air Fryer Baked Potatoes with crispy, salted skins and fluffy insides turn out perfectly at a fraction of the time it would take in the oven.
Air Fryer Baked Potato
This easy Air Fryer Baked Potato recipe is a blank slate. You can top it with almost anything from Greek yogurt and chives to broccoli and cheese. I had so many questions on my Baked Potato recipe about making it in the air fryer, I figured I would create a separate post. Baked potatoes make a great side dish served with air fryer steak, pork, or chicken and a salad. Don’t have an air fryer? No problem! I have you covered with all the details on how to bake potatoes in the oven, microwave, or slow cooker. And if you’re more of a sweet potato fan, try this air fryer baked sweet potato recipe. New to air frying? You can see all my air fryer recipes here.
Most asked questions
How Long to Cook Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer?
Depending on the size of the potato, it will take 35 to 40 minutes at 400F for a 7 ounce russet or Idaho potato. Turn the potatoes over halfway through cooking. When you can easily insert a knife into the centers of the potatoes, they’re done.
Do you have to pierce a potato before air frying?
Yes, you should pierce potatoes before air frying. The holes help any steam release from the potatoes while cooking.
Should I wrap my potato in foil before air frying?
You don’t need to wrap potatoes in foil because it will make the skin soggy. For crispy baked potatoes, air fry them unwrapped. I like to spray the skin with a little olive oil and sprinkle it with salt. The crisp, salty skin is so tasty; plus, it’s loaded with fiber.
Baked Potato Toppings
You can really get creative with baked potato toppings. Below are some ideas, but leave a comment with your favorite way to eat them!
- BBQ: BBQ sauce, pulled pork or chicken, cheddar cheese, and green onions
- Butter: Keep it simple by adding butter, ghee, or coconut oil and finish it off with salt and pepper.
- Loaded Potatoes: Butter, cheddar cheese, sour cream (or Greek yogurt), chopped bacon, and chives
- Broccoli and Cheese
- Stuffed Potatoes: Some of my favorite stuffed potato recipes are these Turkey Chili Baked Potatoes, Philly Cheesesteak Potatoes, and Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Potatoes.
More Potato Recipes You’ll Love:
- Paprika Smashed Potatoes
- One Pan Roasted Potatoes, Sausage, and Peppers
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Potatoes
- Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary
Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Air Fryer (I own and love this one from GoWise!)
- sour cream, greek yogurt, butter, chili, chives, broccoli and cheese, etc, optional for topping
- How To Bake a Potato In an Air Fryer: Using a fork, pierce the potatoes all over.
- Spray each potato with a few spritzes of oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange in the basket, and air fry 400F until a knife can easily be inserted into the center of each potato, about 35 to 40 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
- Serve the potatoes, split open topped with remaining salt and pepper and your favorite toppings.